I have so many great photos from our trips to Hawaii last summer. I might spend a week blogging some of my favorites! It doesn't matter how many times I look at these photos, I can vividly recall everything that was going on at the time they were taken. I love how photos can instantly transport me. I can hear the waves crashing, smell the saltiness of the water, and feel the sand beneath my toes. I can feel the sun burning my skin, feel the humidity in the air, and hear the laughter of the boys while they play in the ocean.
Why is it so important to document our lives in photos? Time goes by so quickly and before you know it everyone around has grown older. I remember when all of my nieces and nephews were born and now they are adults, young men, teenagers, preteens, grade schoolers, and toddlers! When we capture moments in photographs, we are freezing time. In my pictures, my family and friends will never age or grow old. They will be exactly the way they were when I snapped their picture.
Vacations, holidays, and celebrations are part our daily conversations we have with each other. We can share these stories and adventures and our listeners are only able to grasp a small piece of the moment, but a photo will really capture the essence of what we are saying.
So my advice..never miss an opportunity to SNAP a memory :)





No comments:
Post a Comment